Friday, January 15, 2021

Daisy's comment - These hoomans need me

Daisy's comment:

Nights timeys snoozles wif the old hooman not as comfy as young and needy hooman I used to.  Old one snores.  Dis morning I snuggled real close to old hooman's sniffer (cuz she forgot to bring my usual hooman home AGAIN...)

I was rewarded wif some tum tum rubs, but den my nose got sum snuffles and AAAACHWOOOOF!

Old hooman neededs a face shower anyways.

Dis big place nice tho...here's where I does my impawtant outdoorz in da grass bisnus...



Lena's full second day in the hospital started out with her being able to eat a little bit more than the day before.  She was extremely tired when I got there around 8:30am.  She was completely on oral pain meds by then though...and that can contribute to the fatigue.  She still hadn't needed to wear the brace since the morning prior, and she was getting in and out of bed and walking very well.  She could even kneel down to give Daisy some proper loves:


After she rested, I attempted some hair upkeep (lotsa dry shampoo) and managed to brush out one more "clump" and get it braided so it was out of the way when the doctor came in later in the day....


Maybe just a step down from pippi longstocking...but it got the job done.

Then we waited, and waited, and WAITED....for the doctors to visit.

Finally around 4:00pm, PA Bob came in...changed the dressing and talked with Lena a minute...


"You wanna go home TODAY?" He asked.  We both were suprised..."Yes!" Said Lena.

So he pulled that nasty looking tube (drain) out of her neck.  I watched it...it was about 2 inches buried in the incision.  He showed me how to put on the dressing again.  Lena noted to him that she still had feeing and strength on her left side.  She no longer is experiencing the tinnitus (ringing in the ears) she had before the surgery.  He wrote some prescriptions and approved for Lena to be discharged.

I decided I'd better go out and get the prescriptions filled, since it was 5:00pm on a Friday night.  We didn't want to be stuck overnight without any pain meds.  I set out to find a pharmacy nearby to fill them.  It was RAINING and getting very dark.  The first 3 places I went...did not have the quantity of the pain medication in stock.....ARGH.  My fourth stop finally could fill it. So dropped off the prescriptions and ran back to the hospital to get Lena.

She had eaten (a little) dinner and had her IV out and was changed and ready to go!  We waited a few minutes for the wheelchair, I ran back out to get the car and we loaded up.  I couldn't beleive it...less than 60 hours after her major surgery.  


Brace on for car travel and airplane travel...but otherwise she doesn't need to wear it!

BACK to the pharmacy to get the prescriptions, and Lena wanted to go in to grab some headbands.  She has been preocupied most of the day with how she is going to deal with that 3 inches of shaved area in the back of her head...for the short term, while she can't get it wet...headbands.

We went a little out of the way to celebrate with some SONIC.  Lena still is on some softer and smoother foods so a milkshake fit that order.   Then 25 minutes later we pulled up to the Ronald McDonald House.  Lots of rain.  And Lena's head was starting to hurt.


We rushed back into the RMH to find the elevator was out of order.  So up the stairs we went.  

THIRD FLOOR.

Honestly,  if that was the hardest part of the day, I'll take IT.  Lena went up once.  I went up and down twice to unload the car.  Then back up and down 3 more times to do laundry.  Workout....CHECK.


Daisy's comment:  

Dis da gud LIFE. I has two beds for da jumpings.  Old hooman finally bring da usual hooman home with us.  I clean everybodies toes pawfectly dis night.










No comments:

Post a Comment